Here's what Christ has been able to do so far. He has the body on a rotisserie so that he can work on it easier. Everyone needs this in their garage. You can see where he replaced the heater channels. It wasn't what we planned on doing but after pulling off the bottom plate, we found the tube was Swiss cheese along the right side. Then, the right side was fine but the bottom plate didn't match. So it was easier and would match better if we just replaced the heater channel. I was nervous that when we brought the car back it wouldn't fit right on the chassis pan. This way we have a much better chance. The cross bars are tacked on to prevent a twist in the car. Think of it like insurance.
You can see here where the radio slot has been filled in. It was fit with sheet metal and topped with filler. (not too sure what to think about that surface rust.....mmmmmm)
You can see here where Chris repaired areas that were not problematic but had little perforations. I had intended to fill them with Bondo-Glass but Chris wanted to patch them with sheet metal. Long term, I'm thrilled with his plan. He also rebuilt the front passenger side door bottom corner. It was mangled and rusted out. he reshaped and fabricated new metal to fix it. It looks great and matches the other side quite well. Nice work indeed. He also blasted and painted the gas tank, and seats.
Alas......I want to give Chris the time to finish this. But he's expecting a baby any day the first week of March. He won't surface for another 6 months and I just don't want to wait that long. I'm going to have to finish this myself or take it to someone like Transporter Werks. What frustrates me a bit is that there seems to be a lot of surface rust that I had removed before. In some respects, I feel like I'm a bit further behind than I was before. Although they say you shouldn't cry over spilled surface rust......or something like that. Time to buck up and get this thing back and done. Summer will be here soon and we will all need to go for a ride!