Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Big Black Booger

11/1

Well it’s a glooorious day! It’s Halloween night and I mention to Dave (bus man helped Steve next door) how I’ve screwed the pooch on the clutch cable fiasco. I described my misery and how I’m unmotivated by the whole thing. He describes an idea of some kind of fence puller. I’m not entirely sure where he’s comin’ from so I just let him run with the idea. He offers to come over in the morning, so I figure, “what the hell?”

Dave comes over with this old piece of crap that looks like a Viking tool that he found in an old shed somewhere. He hooks this apparatus up to the front of the car and I start to gain anxiety. What if it pulls the conduit apart? What if I bend the front beam? HOLY CRAP! I better tell him to stop! Just then, we give it a tug and that son of a bitch cable just came right out like a thick black booger. I jumped for joy and spun around like the idiot I felt like. This tool is designed to stretch fence wire around farms. I don’t think it could have been any better. It was like four monkeys were swatted off my back. I was a new man and ready to charge forward. Finally……I can get moving on this project again. Dave……..you da’ man.

No comments: