Saturday, October 12, 2013
Peanut Bondo and Door Jam
Then I spent the rest of the time with Jon's help hammering down some high spots on the hood and fenders. Added some light bondo and sanded for awhile. It was wet outside today so it took forever for it to dry before sanding but it got done. There isn't much left but maybe a couple more days of work. Almost there..........
Here's what I have left:
1. Finish up the driver side rear fender bondo
2. Finish up the hood bondo
3. spot check the rest of the car for minor blemishes/touchups
4. Take the body off on saw horses
5. Hammer out the H-Apron and bondo
6. The body isn't sitting down on the pan on the driver side (1/2" blocked by the jack stand). cut out the metal on the top of the jack stand and reweld so body can sit flush on the pan
7. Weld in door skin on the bottom of door rusted out and fiberglass the hold at the corner of door
8. Paint this bitch.....
Get that done and I can paint. Looks like I might not get that done before the weather goes cold for good. If that happens, I think I'll work on the upholstery for the front seats and rear seats. Must.....see.....paint.......I'm obsessed.